E2 Collaborative Inventory Management
In today’s globally distributed manufacturing environments, vendor managed inventory (VMI) is a proven approach to creating highly responsive, demand-driven supply chains. Establishing a well-executed VMI program, however, is challenging. It requires significant multi-enterprise coordination, collaboration, and trust that each of your supply chain partners will do as required to replenish inventories on time, in the correct quantities, and at the correct locations. Unfortunately, few VMI solutions extend beyond the four walls of the core enterprise.
E2 Collaborative Inventory Management is the only product with the necessary capabilities to implement successful and well-executed VMI programs in partnership with your entire supply base. It assures a high level of product availability while maintaining lower inventory levels by synchronizing consumption and replenishment cycles. E2 Collaborative Inventory Management also provides near real-time visibility to inventory (including in-transit) at all or your sites, 3PL hubs, and suppliers, automatically generating alerts when inventory violations occur against pre-configured business rules.
- Enables execution of VMI program with all trading partners
- Near real-time inventory visibility across sites, hubs, suppliers, and in-transit
- Enables consumption-based replenishment
- Visibility into all inventory-related metrics and transaction history
- Calculation of projected inventory positions and potential supply-demand imbalances
- Exception-based configurable alerts
- Any-to-any B2B integration platform
- Automated information exchange
- Improved supply assurance
- Lower raw material, finished goods inventory levels
- Reductions in E&O inventory
- Scalability of VMI processes across all suppliers
- Reduction in operational costs and manual processing
- Reduction in expedites
- Minimal IT investment
- Fast time to value and significant ROI
E2 Collaborative Inventory Management is designed to minimize the total cost of ownership (TCO) by providing the application via a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. Deployed as an on-demand, managed service, E2open is responsible for software, hardware, solution configuration, trading partner onboarding, and system operations. This means the product is deployed rapidly, resulting in faster time to value with minimal IT investment. E2 Collaborative Order Management comes with pre-built, configured, and tested adapters for your ERP system, enabling it to be quickly integrated with your backend system.