I’m Focused on Demand Planning and Forecasting. How Can E2open Help Me?
Are these some of the issues you're tackling today?
- Lack of end-to-end visibility and control across retailers, suppliers, and manufacturers
- Inaccurate forecasting due to imperfect or assumed data
- No collaboration within the network, resulting in multiple versions of a forecast
History doesn’t always repeat itself.
Traditionally, the demand forecasting process relies heavily on historical order analysis, with the assumption that historical patterns repeat in the future. This approach—while often inaccurate—tends to be driven by necessity, as suppliers rarely have access to customer information that could better inform their forecasts. Consequently, suppliers and customers—each with different information available to them—often develop different views on forecasts.
The net results? Excess inventory and stock out risks for both suppliers and customers; suppliers unprepared for real upsides or downsides in demand; and suppliers at great risk for creating customer dissatisfaction by failing to meet expectations on supply.
Implement a fact-based approach to improving forecast quality.
E2open makes it easy to increase the accuracy of your demand forecasts by enabling automated data sharing and collaboration across partners, and by improving the quality of information used to inform forecasting. By connecting you and your partners across a single, cloud-based platform, E2open enables complete transparency and collaboration across demand planning processes. Not only does this make it easier for your enterprise to oversee and manage all forecasting, it also allows partners to exchange data in real time in order to create consensus forecasts. By developing a single forecast based on accurate, collaborative information, you and your partners are able to ensure that expectations are aligned across both forecast demand and committed supply.
To find out how E2open can help your organization
- Easily develop consensus forecasts
- Improve accuracy and operational efficiency
- Improve supply-demand alignment
Download these relevant resources today:
- E2open Product Brief: Collaborative Demand Planning
- White Paper: Intelligent Inventory Management: A Modern Roadmap to Profitability
- Analyst report: Aberdeen: E2open Releases New Solution to Enable Multi-Enterprise Collaboration in the Demand Network
- Video: Demand Volatility: Meeting the Challenge at IBM