I’m Focused on Improving Multi-Tier Supply Chain Visibility. How Can E2open Help Me?
Are these some of the issues you're tackling today?
- Loss of visibility to the procurement processes in the outsourced manufacturing supply chain
- Inability to gain control over supply purchasing costs
- Lack of exception management for supply assurances
More outsourcing, more risk
Outsourcing is a key strategy for today’s industry leading companies—helping to drive lower costs, reduce capital assets, and get products to market more efficiently than the competition. At the same time, outsourcing also means increased complexity and less visibility and control over the manufacturing process—as the key planning and execution data resides outside the four walls of the enterprise.
The inability of the enterprise to oversee external purchasing costs can be particularly costly, as tier-1 suppliers and contract manufacturers are able to negotiate lower-than-reported component prices from their tier-2 component suppliers (from whom they buy directly). This allows your external partners to take advantage of volume pricing, while your enterprise is forced to pay “full price” for its components.
Improve cost management with multi-tier visibility and control.
E2open enables your enterprise to regain control of external purchasing costs by enabling an automated, efficient buy-sell process . With E2open Outsourced Partner Network, your company is able to buy strategic components directly from component suppliers (at lower prices), and then to sell them to contract manufacturers. Any and all profits can then be kept within your own four walls. In addition to controlling procurement costs, an automated buy-sell process also allows you to manage allocations of critical components to tier-1 suppliers and contract manufacturers in the event of supply constraints. On average, E2open customers leveraging E2open’s buy-sell process experience a 3 to 7 percent reduction in purchasing costs.
To find out how E2open can help your organization
- More effectively leverage spend across contract manufacturers and internal operating units
- Gain better control of potential EMS purchase price variance (PPV) deals
- Enjoy higher volume discounts and rebates
Download these relevant resources today:
- Read E2open blog posts on supply chain visibility
- E2open Solution Brief: Outsourced Partner Network
- E2open Solution Brief: B2B Managed Services