I’m Focused on Inventory Management. How Can E2open Help Me?
Are these some of the issues you're tackling today?
- Excess inventory in the supply network
- Technology barriers, lack of real-time connectivity, lack of process automation, and execution speed
- Lack of preventative exception management capabilities
No collaboration, excess inventories
Welcome to modern-day manufacturing: more outsourcing, more trading partners, more competition. And at the same time, less control, less cash, and shorter product life cycles. This combination of factors has quickly exposed the shortcomings of traditional inventory management programs. With limited to no connectivity across external suppliers, many enterprises today run the constant risk of revenue loss from stock outs or write offs. After all, suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors working in isolation have no clear view of how well the overall supply chain is performing—and consequently are unable to “sense and respond” to potential disruptions at neighboring locations.
Vendor-managed inventory for a demand-driven supply chain
Effective inventory management is incumbent upon the ability to see—and respond to—inventory movements and demand fluctuations in real time. Today’s best-in-class supply chains are successful because they provide all relevant parties with access to inventory information as it occurs, enabling companies to make time-sensitive decisions to improve demand fulfillment.
E2open offers the only production-proven solution capable of developing and managing a successful VMI program in partnership with your entire supply base. The solution provides any-to-any connectivity via a cloud-based platform, and enables automated execution of all VMI processes across suppliers, logistics providers and customers. It also assures a high level of product availability while maintaining lower inventory levels by synchronizing consumption and replenishment cycles.
To find out how E2open can help your organization
- Provide all relevant parties with a shared, real-time picture of actual demand
- Minimize supply surpluses and stock outs
- Respond quickly to changes in demand
Download these relevant resources today:
- E2open Solution Brief: Supply Network
- E2open Industry Solution Brief: Improving Efficiency in the Telecommunications Supply Chain
- E2open Product Brief: Collaborative Inventory Management
- E2open Product Brief: Collaborative Channel Inventory Management
- Case Study: Celestica Reduces Inventory and Cuts Operating Costs With LiveShare
- White paper: Intelligent Inventory Management: A Modern Road Map to Profitability