New applications predict the likelihood of supply shortages over time and help determine the business impact of shipping delays to mitigate service risk and better manage disruptions
AUSTIN, Texas – December 1, 2021 – e2open Parent Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ETWO), a leading network-based provider of a cloud-based, mission-critical, end-to-end supply chain management platform, today announced the release of its fourth-quarter technology update, with major innovations to help clients make informed business decisions amid challenging economic conditions. With the 21.4 release, e2open introduces two new intelligent applications: Supply Sensing to predict supply shortages and mitigate risk; and Global Logistics Orchestration to determine the business impact of shipping delays on downstream operations and service commitments.
“Unprecedented demand for goods, constrained supply and delays in transportation have become the hallmarks of 2021, as have the downstream disruptions to production and distribution,” said Pawan Joshi, executive vice president of product management and strategy at e2open. “Protecting businesses from the impact of shortages is no longer a simple calculation of whether there is enough stock to meet the forecast, but also the mathematical probability of having sufficient supply at any given time. In today’s real world, the answer has gone from a simple ‘yes-no’ to a ‘maybe,’ with the probability of an impact hinging on a complex combination of demand, supply and transportation variances. The applications introduced in this release address these challenges, mitigate risk and offer a new level of supply assurance – despite what the world throws at you.”
“e2open’s Supply Sensing application provides new insights to the likelihood of shortages over time using real-time data, supply variances and a new class of algorithms that deal in probabilities instead of certainties,” continues Joshi. “Advanced analytics also recommend actions to address shortfalls stemming from supply chain uncertainties and proactively mitigate risk. When transportation delays do occur, the degree of economic impact varies for each shipment and so should the response. e2open’s Global Logistics Orchestration application evaluates the downstream business impacts, prescribes the best course of action for each shipment and orchestrates corrective measures. We are very excited about these two applications – and the other innovations in this quarterly release – to help clients of all industries improve supply chain performance and make better decisions in a world that is significantly more uncertain than in pre-pandemic times.”
Some of the primary enhancements in this release include:
- New planning functionality helps brands drive higher returns on channel marketing investments. Brand owners and their channel partners can now create detailed marketing activity plans, understand funding requirements, capture its execution, and adjust plans to improve partner performance and return on marketing spend.
- Gain new visibility to the performance of incentives programs through a new rebates dashboard. Detailed metrics enable channel management teams to better understand which programs deliver the best results and allocate resources for optimal impact.
- A new REST API makes it easier and faster to use partner data for better business decisions. Simplified connectivity reduces the barrier to analytics powered by timely and quality channel data.
- Numerous self-serve capabilities increase agility to quickly and more cost-effectively respond to changes in the business environment. From advanced data cleansing visibility and audits for faster resolution of errors to administration power tools to control all aspects of channel marketing campaigns, these capabilities help clients improve channel efficiencies and save money.
Demand Sensing and Business Planning
- A new application, Supply Sensing, uses real-time data and variabilities in supply, demand and transportation to predict the likelihood of shortages overtime in today’s volatile supply chains. Advanced visibility into the probability of a service shortfall allows companies to proactively mitigate risk, assure supply continuity and avoid financial penalties.
- Clients can now choose between heuristics and cost optimization for supply planning, to achieve the best result for any business objective — such as minimized supply cost, optimized inventory position or best on-time delivery for customer demand — in a way that accounts for all supply chain constraints from all partners.
- Powered by an in-memory graph engine for lightning-fast computations, the enhanced business planning view offers a superior user experience. Tree-structured layouts enable planners to plan at multiple levels simultaneously with real-time updates across dimensions, time horizons and downstream time-series for improved productivity.
- Full parameter simulation capabilities allow planners and data scientists to tune more than 80 demand sensing parameters, giving unprecedented control over e2open artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms.
Global Trade Management
- New capabilities capture customs filing data and formatting from past client declarations, making it faster to begin filing with new countries or those with updated requirements, thereby improving time-to-value and reducing costs. Companies can also interactively analyze their prior filings to understand overall duty costs, tax and fee expenditures and trade agreement savings over time.
- Country content coverage in Global Knowledge® continues to grow, with tariff classification data for six new countries, territories and jurisdictions bringing the total coverage to 221. With the rise in e-commerce shipments to every region of the world, these expansions are important to help shippers and logistics providers assess accurate duties and taxes, even in small, remote nations.
- New natural language processing capabilities allow carriers and logistics service providers to screen all available cargo documentation, cross-referencing product-level descriptions against relevant import and export restrictions. This product-focused cargo screening ability helps safeguard carriers against trade violations that arise from unknowingly transporting potentially restricted goods.
Transportation and Logistics
- A new application, e2open’s Global Logistics Orchestration, determines the business impact of transportation delays to downstream operations and customer service commitments. Advanced notice to delays through in-transit milestones and AI-enabled predictive ETA are combined with downstream order data to proactively identify risks and take corrective actions for any shipment – and only those shipments – where delays have financial implications.
- New cost-saving and eco-friendly functionality provides the ability to plan, forecast and consolidate shipments for optimal container utilization by integrating upcoming vendor shipment and order data.
- Enhanced transportation management capabilities allow shippers to make payments via PayCargo® to ocean carriers through single sign-on (SSO) integration with e2open. This partnership makes the payment process more efficient for carriers and shippers alike and helps to expedite the release of cargo to the consignee.
Supply Management and Collaborative Manufacturing
- New configurable, exception-based workflows for private-label manufacturing of time-sensitive products gain visibility into quality issues during the sample cycle and can take corrective actions when applicable. These rapid response capabilities reduce the risk of delays and help ensure faster time-to-market.
- New forecast and inventory attribute filtering improve the efficiency and speed of identifying specific information required for successful collaboration programs. This is especially relevant for any company that leverages data from multiple tiers of upstream or downstream supply chain partners.
- A new, end-to-end genealogy flow report enables companies to quickly identify where a specific material or component came from, as well as any subsequent products it was used in. By gaining a consolidated view of the tracking and traceability of materials and components at any stage of production, brand owners can easily pinpoint any item with an identified quality concern, reducing quality assurance costs and helping meet regulatory and safety standards.
- Carrier sailing schedules in e2open’s ocean network are now directly integrated to SAP Transportation Management. This immediate access to the most current scheduling information means that shippers can complete timely and accurate bookings without having to continually monitor carrier schedule changes and manually upload new information to the system. This integration makes logistics teams more efficient and helps ensure on-time delivery of goods to market.
Learn More About Product Updates
As a cloud-based offering, e2open consistently brings the best in channel and supply chain management technology to customers. To learn more about this update, please contact us here.
At e2open, we’re creating a more connected, intelligent supply chain. It starts with sensing and responding to real-time demand, supply and delivery constraints. Bringing together data from customers, distribution channels, suppliers, contract manufacturers and logistics partners, our collaborative and agile supply chain platform enables companies to use data in real time, with artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive smarter decisions. All this complex information is delivered in a single view that encompasses your demand, supply, logistics and global trade ecosystems. e2open is changing everything. Demand. Supply. Delivered.™ Visit www.e2open.com.
e2open and the e2open logo are registered trademarks of e2open, LLC. Demand. Supply. Delivered. is a trademark of e2open, LLC. All other trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Kristin Seigworth | VP, Communications | e2open | email@example.com
WE Communications for e2open | firstname.lastname@example.org | 512-527-7029