Customs valuation is more than just the commercial invoice. Getting it right involves a comprehension of the challenges and nuances of valuation, and the collaboration of multiple internal departments, including trade compliance, purchasing, receiving and finance suppliers.
Program highlights include:
- The documentation required for proper deductions
- What valuation issues trigger a customs audit
- How to value products and samples that have depreciated
- The challenges of valuation for related parties
- How and when you can deduct freight and insurance from the dutiable value