A business network to connect all external trading partners.
The investments that companies have made in ERP systems have paid off: companies can now rely on standardized processes and have an accurate, up-to-date view of their business. Yet, increasingly the information consumed by enterprise applications originates from outside the company and many supply chain activities are being executed by external companies.
Electronic connectivity with trading partners provides the advantages of timely and accurate information from external sources, lower transaction costs, and high scalability. Traditional approaches to implementing and supporting external business-to-business (B2B) connectivity, however, are usually point-to-point connections; expensive and time-consuming to deploy yet quickly obsolete due to the myriad of technologies and formats; and the large and often changing group of supply chain partners.
The more modern approach is to leverage the cloud to create networks. E2open’s multi-enterprise cloud connectivity solution is a network that connects all trading partners, allowing companies to exchange information and work collaboratively, securely and in real time. By using the E2open network (“E2net”) companies can benefit from these key attributes:
Connecting 100% of partners is key in order to avoid any blind spots in the supply chain. A wide range of connectivity options is available to connect to the E2open network, depending on companies’ technological maturity:
- System-to-system (often called B2B) connectivity leveraging a wide range of standard industry protocols and payload types
- Web portal access, when a more manual process is sufficient
- Simple, email-based information exchange, for trading partners with sporadic connection needs
Just as important is the ability to connect the E2open network with the company’s own applications. Companies can leverage E2open’s ERP connectivity options:
- For Oracle, the integration to Oracle EBS and Fusion
- For SAP, multiple options including SAP IDoc XML as well as SAP-certified connectors to SAP ERP and APO DP