PL Developments, a major pharmaceuticals supplier, needed to consolidate shipping operations to cut costs and better meet customer demands. They successfully improved their outbound supply chain process with the right software and workflow tools.
PL Developments’ transportation team was working in a decentralized manner, with each location managing their own workflows and systems. Working internally, and with carriers, with the entire enterprise in mind was a major goal.
Successes of their Global Parcel project included:
- Integration with Oracle OTM
- Rate shopping and carrier service selection business rules that focused on lower costs and on-time delivery
- A unified view of shipping data, including costs and real-time visibility
- An audit solution that included automation to ease labor intensive invoice reconciliation and claims processes
- Improved data analytics, with a centralized dashboard
- Reduction in accounts payable manual processes
Ask e2open how your organization can utilize Global Parcel for package shipping success.