One year into the pandemic and the global economy is beginning to bounce back. However, global trade professionals now face new obstacles to troubleshoot, such as port congestion, container shortages, higher costs in supply chain logistics and increased regulatory enforcement.
Listed to Suzanne Richer for a conversation on current international trade trends, their impact on firms and the potential solutions for how companies can manage these changes throughout and after the pandemic.
Key highlights of the webinar include:
- How the Suez Canal container blockage raises questions around global sourcing, shortages and higher prices
- The dynamics of port congestion
- How companies are responding to container shortages
- The impact of Brexit and how companies can potentially benefit from the delay of full controls
- An overview of import and export enforcement trends
- Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee (COAC) recommendations and Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) strategy for forced labor