E2open is powered by a strong global network of problem solvers and innovators driven by strong values and our company culture. Together, we are focused on doing what’s right in business and our communities. Every month, we will shine a spotlight on an exceptional team member who is helping us transform the supply chain industry. This month, we held a Q&A with Emily Routh, Senior Manager, Human Resources at e2open.
Q: How long have you been working for e2open?
A: I have worked for e2open for 4+ years, starting in October 2019. I was a direct hire to e2open; I didn’t come through an acquisition.
Q: Why were you interested in working for e2open?
A: I was interested in e2open because I was looking for a place to grow my career. The growth e2open had experienced prior to 2019 seemed like it was conducive to professional growth and development. There were a lot of things going on, and it offered a place to be involved in the business and make an impact. The office overlooked the Atlanta Braves stadium, which I thought was really cool! What I’ve experienced so far aligns with my initial impression.
Q: What traits do you admire most in your coworkers and e2open leadership?
A: What I admire most is the grit! My coworkers, leadership, and business leaders I support all display dedication and willingness to “roll up their sleeves” to get the job done.
Q: What three words would you use to describe e2open to a non-employee and why?
- Supply chain (two words but one idea) – one of the most common phrases used to describe what we do.
- Innovation – one of the ways we create a competitive advantage and has become one of the bigger names in supply chain software and also one of our core values!
- Diversity – diversity is an important factor in our business. We have diversity in employee population, diversity in customer base, and diversity in thought. All of these things help our culture and business to grow.
Q: If you could give career advice to your younger self, what would it be?
A: If I could give advice to my younger self, it would be to be authentically you. Don’t change who you are. Take pride in both the big and small details, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
Q: What are three things you have to have with you when you travel?
- Airpods – no better way to get through travel than with noise-cancelling headphones.
- Travel Clorox wipes – I’d rather have them and not need them than not have them and need them!
- Sense of adventure – no matter where I’m going or what the purpose of my travel is, I always like to go with the idea that it’ll be an adventure. From navigating the airport to walking in a new city, you never know what you may see or hear!
Q: Do you have any pets? If so, what are they, and what are their names?
A: I have three dogs! They’re all rescue mutts. Riley is a 17.5 year old Jack Russell mix. Essie is an 8 year old pittie mix. Chai is an 8 year old Husky mix.
Q: What food combination do you love that might be considered unpopular or weird?
A: I love a latte and a cookie (or a cake pop). It might not be a weird combination, but it’s what I want around 3 or 4 pm when I should be getting ready for dinner.
Q: If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
A: Super speed! There are so many days where I feel like there aren’t enough hours to do everything I want to do. Super speed would help me accomplish more with time to rest!
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I play in an adult soccer league. I also like to read, run, and check out new (and old favorite) breweries with my husband, twin boys, and three dogs!
E2open is a purpose-driven, people-powered company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are always on the lookout for creative problem solvers, so if you are interested in joining an innovative technology company, we encourage you to check out our careers page to see if e2open is the right fit for you.