Introduces next generation machine learning algorithm powered promotional planning capabilities
AUSTIN, Texas – May 20, 2019 – E2open, the one place in the cloud to run your supply chain, today announced the release of its second quarter technology update, which advances promotional planning automation capabilities, one of the most difficult aspects of demand planning. This industry leading functionality, now powered by E2open’s next generation machine learning (ML) algorithm, supports demand planners to predict the uplift quantities for promotional events.
The automation of promotion forecasting and planning reduces the manual effort for sales and demand planners to analyze promotion history and estimate the promotion volume, reducing manual errors. E2open’s ML algorithm generates more accurate promotion forecasts with multiple causal factors, such as discount, event type and more.
“Inventory planning for promotional events is notoriously difficult, requiring accurate forecasting on inventory both on and off promotion, but through the E2open network and our advanced automation systems we’re able to make it more efficient and accurate than ever,” said Pawan Joshi, executive vice president of product management and strategy at E2open. “Today’s update is just the first of many planned upcoming releases that will build upon our rich and powerful demand planning function, helping our customers run their most efficient supply chain.”
Additional advancements to E2open’s intelligent application suite through this update include the following:
- Ability to display urgent messages as a banner for improved user attention
- Reference Data Management introduced in Channel Data Management. Master data related activities such as configuration, validation and enrichment supported from the user interface
- One place to view and approve all the rebates that are calculated offline in Channel Incentives
- Automatically generated ramp profiles to simplify the user setup for new and discontinued items demand forecasting
- Insight of forecast variation and corresponding drivers with version-to-version analytics report in demand planning
- Phase-Out/Phase-In mapping to enable many to many transition mapping at any level across hierarchies in Sales & Operations Planning
- More accurate forecast for intermittent items
- Enhanced shipment realignment logic to improve the run time
- Lot list construct to track a set of lots and descendant lots to perform common actions
- Manufacturing visibility enhanced to track attributes related to multiple dies used in ‘chiplets’
- New architecture to stream forecast management data to Analytics for improved ETL process performance
- RESTful web services APIs support enabled for order management to improve interoperability between E2open and external applications
Ocean Shipping Execution
- Customs Compliance enhancements, extended SI form to support provision of various party Government Tax ID/Enterprise codes, and retention of Export Declaration numbers in templates
- Web form content and workflow improvements for inland haulage and container positioning [Bookings], silent auto save and expanded cargo section [Shipping Instructions]
- Web improvements allowing amendments to Shipping Instructions submitted via EDI, and multiple Seal Numbers at the container level
- Additional fields in Carrier Optional Validations program, improved logics for Less-Than-Container (LCL) shipments, and tighter validations on information provided based on specific Move Types
- E2open is now a certified GS1 Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) data pool provider enabling customers to subscribe GTINs to synchronize item attributes or publish item data to GDSN.
Learn More About the Product Updates and Customer Benefits
As a cloud-based offering, E2open rapidly brings the best in supply chain management technology to customers every day with even more updates than we can share here. For a complete overview of the expanded value E2open customers received in this update and every day across the E2open network, visit https://www.e2open.com/solutions.
At E2open, we’re creating a more connected, intelligent supply chain. It starts with sensing and responding to real-time demand, supply and delivery constraints. Bringing together data from customers, distribution channels, suppliers, contract manufacturers and logistics partners, our collaborative and agile supply chain platform enables companies to use data in real time, with artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive smarter decisions. All this complex information is delivered in a single view that encompasses your demand, supply and logistics ecosystems. E2open is changing everything. Demand. Supply. Delivered. Visit www.e2open.com.
E2open, the E2open logo and Harmony are registered trademarks of E2open, LLC. All other trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Sales and Customer Information:
Diane Mitchell | VP, Marketing | E2open | Diane.Mitchell@e2open.com | 512-735-5692
WE Communications for E2open | firstname.lastname@example.org | 512-527-7029