AUSTIN, Texas — May 20, 2020 — E2open, the one place in the cloud to run your supply chain, today announced the release of its second-quarter technology update, with enhancements across the entire product portfolio. Highlights include rollout of Harmony® for Global Trade Management applications, support for U.S.-Mexico-Canada Trade Agreement (USMCA) and several advances in planning algorithms as well as network integration capabilities.
Release 20.2 also includes the launch of Maestro, an “always-on” virtual assistant integrated with the applications that walks users through workflows and tasks with step-by-step instructions and “in the moment of need” assistance. In addition, E2open is also now certified by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as an approved U.S. Entry Vendor to support import self-filing in CBP’s Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
“We continue to make steady progress on our vision of providing unified solutions for our customers. The rapid assimilation of Global Trade Management applications leveraging our flexible open architecture via Harmony and E2net, has enabled us to not only improve trade management functions, but also bring capabilities like cargo and party screening in line with adjacent process like transport bookings,” said Pawan Joshi, executive vice president of product management & strategy at E2open. “Process changes have always been the Achilles heel of driving improvements – we believe that the introduction of Maestro will enable rapid adoption business processes across our client’s entire supply chain ecosystem, unlocking value for every participant.”
Further salient enhancements in this release include:
- New, flexible, partner user interface for reporting channel data helps clients reach the long tail of low-volume partners with minimal onboarding effort. Customers get visibility to the sales and inventory in the depth of their indirect channels quickly and cost-effectively.
Demand Sensing & Business Planning
- Deep learning-based algorithms improve forecast accuracy by finding meaningful patterns across multiple disparate data sources, including unstructured data. Higher forecast accuracy enables clients to optimize business planning processes to better capture new revenue opportunities, lower costs or both.
- Advances in promotion pacing automatically shift promotional volumes when recent shipments for the event period is lower than expected. This addition protects promotion volume and offers the best possible forecast for the event period.
Global Trade Management
- Harmony across E2open’s Global Trade Management application suite provides a dramatically improved, unified user experience for all global trade workflows on a single pane of glass.
- Support for USMCA enables clients to take advantage of duty savings and ensures compliance to the new treaty going into effect on July 1, 2020.
- Enhanced cargo screening facilitates greater adherence to international trade regulations protecting clients from substantial penalties. The release adds screening for 5,800 species of animals and 30,000 species of plants protected by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) regulations.
- Addition of import and export controls for 13 countries based on global conventions such as Basel, Narcotic Drugs, Chemical Weapons, CITES and the Montreal Protocol. This release adds French controls of firearms, weapons and ammunition as well as inspection controls from the Pakistan Standards and Quality Control Authority. The Brazilian NVE nomenclature for customs value and statistics is also available.
Transportation & Logistics
- Cargo Screening for all ocean bookings completed on E2open. Carriers, freight forwarders and shippers all benefit from the ability to screen shipments at the time of booking creation and proactively avoid the risk of fines and penalties under global trade compliance restrictions.
- Intelligent Predictive ETA (P-ETA) leverages extensive set of inputs like booking information, Automatic Identification System (AIS) and historical vessel data to provide more accurate ETA predictions for ocean containers. This provides the ability for the logistics team to proactively manage downstream activities that lead to reduced demurrage and detention fees, customer fines and reduced service levels.
- Events and milestone tracking functionality consolidate milestones across cross-enterprise and cross-ecosystem processes such as transportation, global trade and material planning. Material and logistics planners can proactively monitor exceptions and delays caused by internal or external events or disruptions.
Collaborative Manufacturing & Supply Management
- New equipment tracking enables manufacturers and suppliers to monitor the utilization of their equipment based on lot-level transactions across all manufacturing facilities – internal as well as external all in one place. Deviations highlight non-conformance and help focus on improving asset utilization and minimizing unplanned downtimes.
- Global Trade Management support via E2open’s SAP Add-on adapter provides for more efficient customs clearance processes. The out-of-the-box extract queries include all necessary data elements to rapidly report and clear cross-border trade transactions from inbound shipments, or inbound invoices. This eliminates the need to build a custom integration with SAP, thereby improving the time to value and reducing the cost of deployment.
Learn More About Product Updates
As a cloud-based offering, E2open consistently brings the best in channel and supply chain management technology to clients with many more updates than are shared in this press release. To learn more, E2open clients can watch our detailed Product Release 20.2 webinar through the MyE2open client portal.
At E2open, we’re creating a more connected, intelligent supply chain. It starts with sensing and responding to real-time demand, supply and delivery constraints. Bringing together data from customers, distribution channels, suppliers, contract manufacturers and logistics partners, our collaborative and agile supply chain platform enables companies to use data in real time, with artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive smarter decisions. All this complex information is delivered in a single view that encompasses your demand, supply and logistics ecosystems. E2open is changing everything. Demand. Supply. Delivered. Visit www.e2open.com.
E2open and the E2open logo are registered trademarks of E2open, LLC. All other trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Sales and Customer Information:
Diane Mitchell | V.P., Marketing | E2open | Diane.Mitchell@e2open.com | 512-735-5692
WE Communications for E2open | email@example.com | 512-527-7029